Kid Cudi Drops M.I.A. From Rebel Ragers Tour After Dallas Rant

Kid Cudi removed M.I.A. after her May 2 Dallas remarks; she defended a 2010 ‘Illygal’ intro on X and the tour was reported to span roughly 30–33 North American shows.

Overview

A summary of the key points of this story verified across multiple sources.

1.

Kid Cudi said in an Instagram post on May 4 that M.I.A. is no longer on his Rebel Ragers tour after 'offensive' remarks that upset fans.

2.

The controversy followed a May 2 Dallas performance where video shows M.I.A. being booed after saying she was 'a brown Republican voter' and that she 'can't do "Illegal".'

3.

Kid Cudi wrote that his management had told M.I.A.'s team before the tour that he 'didn't want anything offensive' at his shows and that he had been flooded with messages from upset fans.

4.

M.I.A. posted on X in all caps defending that she wrote the 'Illygal' intro on the 2010 MAYA LP, saying her team hadn't gotten visas and defending lyrics that reject unjust laws.

5.

Reports say the Rebel Ragers tour began on March 28 or April 28 and was slated to visit roughly 30 to 33 North American cities, with Big Boi and other acts named as openers.

Written using shared reports from
5 sources
.
Report issue

Analysis

Compare how each side frames the story — including which facts they emphasize or leave out.

Center-leaning sources frame the story by emphasizing controversy and audience rejection, foregrounding Kid Cudi’s decision and footage of M.I.A. being booed while contextualizing her through prior controversies (anti‑vax claims, 5G apparel, Trump support). Language like “offensive remarks” and “courted criticism” plus selective backgrounding steers sympathy toward Cudi’s action.

Sources:BBC News